blog description

Welcome to my blog! I am glad you stopped by. I created this blog to share my journaling experiences with raising 5 beautiful and busy children. 4 of my children are loving siblings to our youngest who has Unexplained Epilepsy and Special Needs. Regardless of our trials, I want all my children to have a great life.

#epilepsy #specialneedssiblings #specialneedskids #specialneedsmom #lennoxgastautsyndrome #seizuressuck #educateaboutepilepsy

Monday, December 24, 2018

Hopekids Pizza & Cake

We attended a Pizza and Cake event with Hopekids. We never really know what to expect at each event, whether it be school, church or family event with Levi. We are so glad we went. It was a great opportunity for us to bond with Levi and Mckay one on one. Since Levi requires so much attention, my other kids have been receiving less attention and they are struggling.  The pizza was delicious and we each made our own.  The kids also decorated their own cupcakes and ate them. 

Since being on their journey with Levi having Epilepsy and Special Needs, how his Epilepsy isn't going away or getting better we have been struggling. For me, I have been so isolated and not having another person to turn to that has already been down this road. Levi wanted to go outside and run around. Aaron was outside and talking with other Moms' about how Levi is getting ready for the VNS (Vagus Nerve Stimulator) surgery and how we have been so worried. This Mom he was talking to, said she had a niece who had it. She said how she saw a difference in her seizures and her life. We have NEVER had anyone to turn to for something like this. This was a glimmer of hope that I was leading in the right direction. This road has been so hard already, but I am starting to see small glimmer of hopes that I am going down the correct path. 

Aaron and I both felt grateful that we were able to meet someone who had a good experience with the VNS surgery. We had hope that Levi would do okay and this surgery would help him, possibly reduce his seizures and pain that he is constantly in.




Mckay had a smile on his face the whole time. I helped him roll out his pizza dough. I helped him with his toppings. He made friends at our table and made more friends when we were outside running around with other Hopekids. We were accepted and loved, no matter our circumstances.  It was a nice time together and we are super grateful for that bonding moment to make memories together.

https://i.postimg.cc/nhbmFRSd/20181111-200027.jpg

No comments:

Triggers

                                                                 (pictures from our doctor appointment) Yearly Appointments, we all know wha...