blog description

Welcome to my blog! I am glad you stopped by. I created this blog to share my journaling experiences with raising 5 beautiful and busy children. 4 of my children are loving siblings to our youngest who has Unexplained Epilepsy and Special Needs. Regardless of our trials, I want all my children to have a great life.

#epilepsy #specialneedssiblings #specialneedskids #specialneedsmom #lennoxgastautsyndrome #seizuressuck #educateaboutepilepsy

Monday, December 17, 2018

Sibling Love


On Veterans day, we went to the zoo. It was packed with so many veterans and kids and it was fun. I had my whole family there and loved it. At the end of our trip, we were walking out but saw these beautiful pelicans. Mckay and Levi's relationship has grown tremendously and still needs improvement, who doesn't need improvement? Levi now hugs and kisses Mckay when he is happy and wants to share that love and happiness with him. It is so cute to watch and know that they are building their relationship.



Mckay and Levi LOVE to sleep in Brooklyns' room. Our rule is only on weekends, this is allowed because they play and don't get as much sleep as they would sleeping in their own beds. This paticular night, Aaron and I were on a date. Brooklyn called us in a panic that Levi had a seizure in his sleep. He woke up, said he had a seizure and whined. Brooklyn prayed to Heavenly Father to ask Levi to stop having a seizure. Levi did stop and then said he wanted to go back to bed.  I am forever grateful that Brooklyn was there to help when I could not. It was a bonding moment in her life and I have seen Brooklyn change for the better. 



I wanted to share the love my children have towards their brother Levi. Levi is very hard at a lot of times, and even when we struggle and have a rough day, at the end of the day, we still love and appreciate Levi. I know I do not give my children enough credit of how much I appreciate them. I try to improve where I am struggling. Brooklyn, my daughter has told me lately how she wants to work at Hopekids Foundation and wants to have a special needs child, preferrably a Down Syndrome Child. I have never heard of any teenager plan to have or want a special needs child for their life. I KNOW that she is learning to love everyone from all backgrounds and all needs in life. I KNOW that she is paying attention and trying to be close to Heavenly Father. She is an example to me. She teaches me new things every day. 


On this particular day, I took Tanner, Mckay and Levi to a Hopekids event at Sea life Aquarium and LegoLand Discovery Center in Tempe. The boys were counting down the days and was so excited. It was also a stressful day. After a long full day at school, Levi is tired and overwhelmed. He usually has between 5-7 seizures at school, not including what he has at home. Overstimulating him causes more seizures, which makes it challenging at these fun events. With Levi's special needs, he doesn't pick up on social cues and boundaries. This is another challenge that we have to maneuver through, daily. The boys are learning to communicate and bond with Levi. It is so nice to see them work together and get along. 


I just wanted to remember the growth of my children bonding and building their relationship with Levi. Not everyday is stressful, we have many good days, but they all take a lot of work. We are forever grateful for having Hopekids in our life. It makes us bond and look forward to really cool events. 

No comments:

Triggers

                                                                 (pictures from our doctor appointment) Yearly Appointments, we all know wha...